- Mike Howell hired as technical support specialist: Newest staff member has extensive experience to meet member needs
- "AC Motor Verification & Redesign" (Version 3) launched
- Chairman Gray's Message: EASA adds technical resources for members; committees meet to support goals of new Strategic Plan
- How to properly test AC stator and wound rotor windings
- EASA Award nominations
- November Webinars to focus on shaft alignment, machinery foundations and bases
- Safety Tip: Welding cautions
- Tech Tip: Cable sealing
- Tech Notes 48, 49 available to download
- Online training session covers "Safety/OSHA Compliance"
- NEMA peititions for new energy-efficiency electric motor standards; EASA represented at DOE public hearing
- Chairman Gray's Message: Web site keeps members informed, trained and knowledgeable
- Tips for improving performance of pump packing: Proper installation and maintenance will maximize packing life
- More snapshots from the 2012 Convention
- October Webinar: "Taking Three-Phase Winding Data"
- How to determine the correct center distance for spur gears
- Tech Tip: Converting Celcius, Fahrenheit temperatures
- Safety Tips: Use special care when working with ladders
- EASA Award nominations being accepted
- Positive numbers point to successful convention; Active member firm attendance up by more than 26 percent in Nashville
- Convention session on economic update available at easa.com
- Chairman Gray's Message: Board busy with actions; approves
- Strategic Plan for 2012-2015 Identifying rating information of motor without nameplates
- 2012 Convention snapshots
- Frank Leonard receives EASA's Exceptional Achievement Service Award at convention
- Actions of EASA's Board of Directors at meetings in Nashville
- Tech Tip: Testing submersible pump cable
- Safety Tip: Be extra cautious in unfamiliar surroundings
- Three-part Webinar series in September will focus on "AC Motor Redesign"
- Seminar to focus on "Sale Professional Training Camp"
- "Fundamentals of Pump Repair" seminar scheduled November 9-10 in Pittsburgh
- Convention in Nashville marks beginning of 2012-2013 terms for officers, Executive Committee; Bill Gray installed as new EASA Chairman at Annual Business Meeting
- Chairman Gray's Message: "Strength Through Association" selected as theme for 2012-2013 administrative year, convention
- Improving designs in motors with multiple windings; Concentric or a conventional half-slot lap winding will help
- Tech Tip: Testing motor vibration
- Management Solutions: Understanding the new drivers of profitability
- 2012 Operating Performance Survey reports distributed to participants August
- Webinar: "Root Cause Failure Analysis Methodology"
- Safety Tip: Cutting or trimming with a knife Identifying different types of temperature detectors
- Oldies but goodies: Training videos now available on Web site
- Upcoming Webinars, seminars offer valuable training: Three-part September Webinar series will focus on "AC Motor Redesign"
- Chairman Toor's Message: Looking back, looking ahead: Keep "Moving Industry Forward"
- Ronald D. (David) Bailey elected as new director of Region 3
- Vertical motors: Bearing configurations and oil leaks
- Safety Tip: Grinder precaution
- Technical Encore: No-load current basics: Practical guidelines for assessment
- July Webinar: "The FFT (aka Spectrum): What It is and Ways to Use It"
- Tech Tip: Keep stator, rotor core clear of salt water
- Watch for convention and exposition mobile "app"
- Chairman's Toor Message: Growing trade show, attendee registrations reflect improving economy
- Is failing bearing causing the vibration? Tips and methods to help you come to the correct conclusion
- Tech Tip: Coil pitch as a clue to speed
- Safety Tip: Protect eyes when working with grinder
- EASA membership: Your opportunity to build a "trusted" alliance network
- Convention session will focus on "social networking" opportunities
- EASA 2012 Exhibitors
- June Webinar: "Repair Best Practices to Maintain Efficiency"
- A Case Study: Repairing two-pole vertical motors: A success story
- Learn more about the Roving Chief Executive (RCE) program
- Bill Gray to become 2012-2013 EASA chairman
- Chairman Toor's Message: Members share knowledge in meeting presentation forums
- Tech Tip: Test run procedure for non-standard frequency motors
- Identifying the most appropriate shaft repair method
- Convention Education Preview: EASA members to share experiences in "Great Ideas" sessions
- Remember to take advantage of EASA's "trading" opportunities
- EASA 2012 Exhibitors
- May Webinars to focus on selling to different personality types, bearing analysis and failure modes
- Practical service center tips to work more efficiently
- Safety Tip: Use common sense on ladder to avoid a fall
- "Pump Repair" seminar scheduled May 18-19 in Atlanta
- Members of the Management Services Committee encourage you to participate in the 2012 EASA Operating Performance Survey
- Make plans to attend EASA's 2012 Convention
- Chairman Toor's Message: Chapter officer training is our investment in EASA's future leadership
- Resin curing issues and preventing future problems: Sample tank resin regularly and follow manufacturer's corrective suggestions
- A Case Study: Pump repair project demonstrates technical capabilities
- Seminar to focus on "Sales Professional Training Camp"
- Participate in the confidential 2012 EASA Operating Performance Survey
- April Webinar: "Advanced DC Testing"
- Tech Tip: Alternative materials for vertical turbine pump line shaft bearings
- Dissolved gas analysis for oil filled transformers: An overview of the more common techniques and methods
- Particpate in 2012 EASA Operating Performance Survey
- Chairman Toor's Message: Why you should particpate in the 2012 Operating Performance Survey
- Johan De Coster elected as new director for EASA Region 9
- The interaction of turns and pitch: How they react affects the performance of a motor
- Tech Tip: DC armature equalizers balance current in parallel paths
- Three-part Webinar series in March will focus on "Electrical Testing of Three-Phase Motors"
- Dynamometer and test stand considerations: Upfront analysis and planning can save time, money on purchase, installation
- Safety Tip: Maintenance of abrasive wheels
- EASA launches "Trading Post" at www.easa.com
- Board of Director elections are held for EASA Regions 5 and 10
- Chairman Toor's Message: Make safety a top priority in 2012; EASA offers valuable resources to support your efforts
- Importance of Best Efficiency Point (BEP): Understanding factors involved in determining a pump's performance
- Management Solutions: Consider "outsourcing" your Human Resource needs to experts
- "Private" Webinars offered to chapters, regions, and member companies
- February Webinars to focus on pump repair tips, pump seals
- Curious? Looking for a mentor? Just search the World Wide Web!
- Tech Tip: Silicone space heaters protect motors, generators from condensation
- Mark your calendars, register for two valuable EASA seminars scheduled for early 2012
- Safety Tip: Don't risk hearing damage
- Industry Awareness Campaign update (Part II): Successful program also includes industry representation, presentations
- Chairman Toor's Message: "Moving Industry Forward" in 2011, 2012 and beyond
- Board of Director elections are held for EASA Regions 3 and 7
- Aluminum-to-copper magnet wire winding conversions: Considerations for deciding whether wire area should be reduced
- Tech Tip: Rectangular to round wire conversion
- January Webinar to focus on "Secrets of High-Profit EASA Members"
- Index of Currents articles for 2011
- Board of Directors meeting scheduled
- EASA members: Please pay your 2012-2013 dues by February 10
- EASA Industry Awareness Campaign update
- Chairman Toor's Message: Membership consistently pays big dividends
- Partial discharge: Understanding how it occurs, detecting its presence and corrective action
- Tech Tip: Pump curve, system curve data needed to determine change in pump speed
- Technical Encore: The (potential) pitfalls of parallel circuits
- Technical Support Spotlight: Members receive help with pump assembly instructions, balancing problems
- December Webinar: "Evaluating High No-Load Amps of Three-Phase Motors"
- Gary Byars elected new Region 4 director