Circulating Currents in AC Stator Windings
This webinar will discuss the equalized connections found in an increasing number of factory windings, explain why they are used, and address whether or not they are needed when converting a concentric winding to a lap winding. Alternatives, such as changing the number of circuits, or the special extra-long jumpers, will be compared.
The webinar will include:
- Explanation of why machine-wound concentric windings use equalizers
- Effect of unbalanced voltage
- Role of air gap in causing circulating currents
- Labor involved and risk of failures due to increased complexity
- How to properly locate the equalizers
This webinar will be useful for engineers, service center managers, mechanics and sales representatives.