Carbon Brushes, Current Density and Performance
The lowly brush is underrated and misunderstood. The brush grade, brush pressure and spring tension, as well as the effect of load and humidity are each important to brush performance in DC machines, wound rotor motors, and synchronous machines. This webinar will cover:
- Importance of brush grade
- Effect of humidity and load (current)
- Best practice method for removing brushes to improve performance
- Brush pressure & spring tension by application
- Supplemental cooling of slip ring / brush enclosures
Target audience: This webinar benefits service center technicians and supervisors.