Electrical Apparatus Service Association, Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy. EASA is an international trade organization of more than 1,700 electromechanical sales and service firms in nearly 70 countries.
EASA recognizes the importance of protecting the corporate information you provide.
EASA collects and uses information that alone or in combination with other information could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) in order to deliver products and services, process applications to join, inform you of various opportunities and provide support.
This policy outlines the information EASA collects, how it uses the information and data practices regarding Personal Data and other information collected in connection with:
- Your use of the EASA website, www.easa.com (where you can learn about EASA’s products and services, apply for membership, perform transactions and engage with content)
- Your EASA membership record and history
- Events you may attend
- Products you may order
The Information EASA Collects
Personal data that you provide
EASA collects Personal Data provided when individuals interact with EASA products and services. The types of Personal Data we collect vary but generally include:
Contact information (e.g., name, personal and/or business addresses, phone and fax numbers, email addresses and titles)
Information provided via applications, registration forms, profiles, surveys or purchase forms
The data collected is considered necessary in order to achieve satisfactory fulfillment of association business and transactions.
Automatically collected data
As you engage with our website, EASA may collect information about your device and visits through cookies, web beacons and other technologies, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking and other tools. The types of automatically collected data collected on EASA’s website through the use of these and other tools may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user information, browser information, computer or device type, operating system, internet service provider, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, geographic locale, number of clicks and ads viewed.
How EASA uses collected information
EASA uses this information to:
- Notify you of relevant products and services
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs
- Populate the member online directory
- Publish member profiles on the EASA website
- Publish attendee registration lists for EASA-sponsored events including the annual convention and exhibition
- Keep you abreast of industry news and information
- Provide support for other services you have ordered, as well as information regarding membership benefits and services. For EU Data Subjects, such use is necessary for the purposes of providing membership services.
EASA does not sell or trade email addresses to third parties. Membership lists are sold (without email addresses) and also shared in electronic format to EASA chapters/regions for chapter/regional use only. Member information is published on the website via the “Find a Member” section.
EASA uses your contact information to notify you by email or by phone regarding information that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing materials, you may share your preference by contacting EASA using the information below or by updating your marketing communication preferences on your MyEASA profile. You may also unsubscribe from marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of EASA emails.
Where required by the applicable law (for example if you are an EU Data Subject), EASA will send marketing information only with your consent, which was given at the time you provided us with the Personal Data. In such case, if you do not provide us with your consent to the processing of your Personal Data for this purpose, we will not send you this information. With your permission, we may also use the information you provide to use as a testimonial posted on the website.
If you correspond with EASA via email, the postal service, web forms or another form of communication, EASA may retain the correspondence and the information it contains. EASA may use the information for business purposes, including responding to your inquiry and notifying you of EASA opportunities.
URL & IP address
EASA collects information about users’ IP addresses, including users’ utilization of our website, to help EASA design its website to better suit users’ needs. EASA may use information about your IP address to help diagnose problems with its server, administer its websites, analyze trends, track visitor behavior and gather information that assists in identifying visitor preferences.
EASA may use your IP address to enhance security and investigate an actual or potential security incident. For EU Data Subjects, this use of your information is necessary for EASA’s legitimate interests in understanding how the website and services are being used by you, to improve your experience and to ensure network and information security.
EASA may also compile, anonymize and/or aggregate Personal Data and other information collected about website visitors and use such data for business purposes. This aggregate information does not identify you.
Disclosure of information
EASA discloses collected Personal Data in accordance with the terms set forth in this section.
EASA shares your Personal Data with third parties that provide certain services to assist us in meeting business operation needs. These parties are authorized to process your Personal Data on EASA’s behalf and pursuant to EASA’s instructions, only as necessary to provide these services. Your Personal Data is shared with the following service providers:
- Providers of payment processing and accounting, as necessary to process payment
- Providers of back-office database and marketing systems
- Contracted vendors for certain events, including the Convention
EASA may also disclose Personal Data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If you request or authorize
- The information is provided to comply with the law
- To respond to a government request or to lawful requests by public authorities
- To address emergencies or acts of God
If EASA is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor of an affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
EASA collects, stores and processes the information in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S., your Personal Data and other information will be transferred to the U.S. The data privacy and data protection laws outside your country may offer less protection than the laws in your country. By using EASA services, you agree to the transfer of your Personal Data. If you do not agree to such cross-border transfers of your Personal Data, please do not submit it through the website.
How you can access and change information
EASA acknowledges that you have the right to access your Personal Data.
On the EASA website, at MyEASA, which requires you to use your login and password, you may access and edit your Personal Data and marketing communication preferences directly. Company mailing addresses may be changed online by the company's primary contact or sending an email to EASA Customer Service at email@example.com. In case you request us to remove data, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
If you are an EU Data Subject, please see the “EU Data Subjects” section below for information on your rights in relation to the Personal Data we hold about you.
EU Data Subjects
This section applies if you are a citizen of the European Union (“EU,” “EU Data Subject”). For these purposes, the reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, where applicable, Switzerland.
EASA, Inc. is the data controller for the processing of your Personal Data.
Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask, EASA will confirm whether it is processing your Personal Data and if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data (along with certain other details).
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified or completed. If EASA has shared your Personal Data with others, EASA will tell them about the rectification where possible. If you ask, where possible and lawful to do so, EASA will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask EASA to delete or remove your Personal Data and EASA will do so. If EASA has shared your data with others, EASA will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask, EASA will also tell you with whom your Personal Data was shared so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask EASA to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that Personal Data or object to us processing it. EASA will tell you before it lifts any restriction on processing. If EASA has shared your Personal Data with others, EASA will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask, EASA will also tell you with whom your Personal Data was shared so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: Effective 25 May 2018, you have the right to obtain your Personal Data that you consented to give or that is necessary to perform a contract with you. EASA will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask EASA at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and it will do so, as EASA relies on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, or if EASA is processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data, including profiling, that affect you, unless such processing is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and EASA or you provide your explicit consent to such processing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If EASA relies on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about EASA’s privacy practices, including the way EASA has handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
Legitimate Interest: EASA’s processing of your data is necessary in order to deliver products and services to you. Membership, event registration or attendance and product purchase constitute a contract between the Data Subject and EASA. EASA uses data in ways individuals would reasonably expect and have minimal privacy impact. Nonmembers opting into receiving content provide their consent to EASA to process their Personal Data. Nonmembers who are citizens of the EU have the same rights to their Personal Data as members.
EASA maintains security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card for products, dues or other services are encrypted and will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
We do not request nor do we use social security numbers in the course of our business with our members or the public.
Data retention policy
EASA retains your Personal Data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our contracts. Inactive account data is maintained for a period of 10 years. In accordance with recommendations from our audit firm, financial records are maintained for a period of 10 years. After the 10-year period, the account data is reviewed.
What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of data sent to your browser when you visit a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. For example, cookies can store your session information for easy log-in to a website. EASA uses both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for a set period of time or until you delete it.
You can choose to block or delete cookies by changing your browser settings. You can also prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on websites by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on for your current web browser.
Inapplicability of privacy policies of any linked websites or other third parties
You may contact EASA during U.S. Central time business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) with questions or requests relating to this policy.
Address: 1331 Baur Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63132 USA
Phone number: +1 314 993 2220